Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It Really Can Rain Here

So, one thing about living in the Midwest is realizing how much it can rain. Like for three straight days. Courtesy of the hurricane formerly known as Ike. We ended up with 8 inches and a slightly wet basement, which was great considering north of us they got 11 inches, schools have been closed for two days, and many people ended up with 8-9 inches of water in their basements.

Still, that amount of rain, which I'm used to getting in a whole year, is a bit hard for me to grasp. That and hearing my sump pump go off every few minutes. It sounds just like a garage door opener, but it's in my basement, which is just really disconcerting.

And since it's Tuesday, I really should be doing a Tackle It Tuesday. And I do need to go grocery shopping, but it's my day to work from home, and I'm just not motivated to do any of it. I need to come up with some wild story line that can only take place at a grocery store so I'll want to go on the pretext of research. Anybody got any ideas?

1 comment:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

Jen, my sump pump is under my bedroom. It used to wake me up in the middle of the night, now I'm so used to it I don't even notice. :) You'll get there you western transplant.

I love the rain. Really. I sat in the kitchen with the window open so I could listen to the rain and wind on Sunday. It's so relaxing.

Are you ready for the snow?