Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Scripture Memorization #2

As I mentioned here I've committed with Beth Moore and her blogging group called Siestas to memorized two verses each month this year.

So on the 15th it was time to pick a new verse. But before I get into that, let me show you how I helped myself memorize the last verse.



It's not great art and it wasn't meant to be, although I did enjoy the process. But I wanted to play with the idea of taking the images I saw while I read the verse and putting them on paper along with phrases from the scripture.

I also wrote it out on a spiral-bound index card.


I propped that up next to my monitor at work and pinned up the picture. Seeing them through out the day helped me recall the verse and really ingrained it into my mind.

The verse for the second half of the month is going to be Isaiah 40:29-31, ESV: "He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

I've memorized this verse before; it was our high school's verse. But I think I need to bring it to life again for me. I was struggling trying to figure out what verse I wanted to memorize. I have a whole list in the back of my index pack gleaned from others listing the verses they're memorizing. But nothing really fit until I heard that verse repeated in Sunday's sermon in a way that just hit home and made me realize it was the verse I needed for now.

I'm not sure how it'll play out in a picture, but stay tuned, I'll be sure to post the results.

No comments: