Saturday, October 18, 2008

New Addition

We have a new member in our family. Her name is Maizy (get it, like corn?) and she's two. She's also apparently camera shy.







Success at last! Not the best picture I've ever taken but it'll have to do.


In person, she's really quite friendly and sweet. She even puts up with Charlie. He's not sure what she is but wants to keep playing with her. She's not having any of it. She's really taking a liking to Sissy and sleeps under her bed or on it.

She was a rescue cat. The vet mentioned her to me when I went to get Charlie's special (read expensive) dog food. Maizy was in a house where other cats were beating up on her and she was relegated to the outside. But she's really an indoor cat. She was fixed and declawed and FREE! So support homeless animals instead of buying from breeders or pet stores. Mutts (cats can be mutts too I think) are the best!

Our house had been cat-empty for over a year, probably the longest I've ever gone without a cat, so it's nice to have a purry friend (groan!) again.

BTW, gas is $2.59 here now. Just thought you should know ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I'm so glad you have a new kitty in your house! I don't think our house would feel complete without a "resident" cat. :-)

Pam~