Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Deliver Us From Evil Part 2

Here's the review I promised to go along with the first chapter posting of Robin Caroll's Deliver Us From Evil.

I couldn't put this book down and stayed up way too late reading two nights in a row. It's a suspenseful page turner with tension that never lets up. Robin did a great job with the technical details and research, so that I really felt like I was a part of the story and the characters were real. I also liked how the spiritual thread was woven in as a natural response to the characters' life experience. Very realistic.

My only caveat is that the subject matter isn't for the faint of heart. The opening scene has a body count, including children, and a big part of the plot has to do with child trafficking. While the most heinous acts occur "off stage" Robin pulls you right in with the emotions. So be aware, not every book is for every reader.

And for something extra, check out Robin's interview over at writer buddy Sabrina Fox's blog.

Can't wait to read her next one!
Get it here:

No comments: