Saturday, March 14, 2009

Daisy Chain


Let me just start by saying I loved this book. It's on my list of favorites. The cover blurb compares it to Peace Like a River and To Kill a Mockingbird. In the CBA realm I'd compare it to works by Dale Cramer and Charles Martin. Beautifully written, achingly touching, a truthful representation of the tension between pain and beauty in this world.

Interestingly enough, I'm listening to The Kite Runner on CD in my car. Both books draw a picture of the pain of growing up in a difficult world. Different environments and circumstances but universal issues. When I'd read Mary's book at home after listening to The Kite Runnerin the car, Daisy Chain held its own on the literary field.

Do yourself a favor and read this book. You won't regret it.

Visit Mary's website.
See what others are saying about it.

1 comment:

Mary DeMuth said...

Thanks for your review. And, wow, about The Kite Runner, one of my fave books.